Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reminds me of the beach

I looked at the NOAA website this morning to see what the wether was going to be like during my lunch break. I don't have any windows of my area at OMC so I check NOAA if I want to possibly go outside. NOAA said that it was supposed to be 89 degrees and sunny. Perfect for a little lunch picnic out on the OMC patio.

As I am sitting there I was thinking about my children and my husband. I prayed for them all and thanked the Lord for my food. I had already taken the time to slice up my avacado so I was ready to dig in. I put a nice portion on my fork and was ready to shove it in my mouth. as the fork entered my mouth so did half the hair on my head. I didn't catch on NOAA that there were tornado like winds out there today. This reminded me so much of the beach. Sometimes I would go sit down at the beach during my lunch hour. I would be eating and either end up with hair in my mouth or the crunch of sand.

I struggled through my lunch constantly having to move my hair out of the way. After I ate I got out my book and tried to read. This was almost as hard as eating. My hair was in my face and whipping around and hitting me in the eyes. Finally I just closed my eyes and faced the sun. I might as well get a little tan while I am outside. Especially since I forgot to wear any makeup to work today.

After work I am going to go and get my hair cut. I am going to cut about 6 inches off. I will try to post a picture after I get through.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I wish I loved the ocean water as much as I love the beach! But dang do I love sitting on the beach, maybe I will get a day of that in while in Georgia.

The McCutcheons said...

It was sooooo windy here that my kids all blew away. Sad but today has been very quiet without them around! :) (BTW: I hate hair in my face and my kids faces! Gggrrr!!!!)