Friday, May 8, 2009

Odds and Ends

I have been having a hard time coming up with things to write about lately. It taxed my brain a little, but I finally thought of some things to write about.

First, we will talk about Hunter. The other day Veronica told me that he was voted best dressed at school for this year. For some reason I didn't believe her so I asked him. He said, "Yep."

Now I thought that this was funny. Not that I don't think my son is handsome and that he has his own style. I think that he looks nice everyday he goes to school. He cares about his appearance. Since we buy at thrift stores, yard sales, get hand-me-downs, and shop at Target it makes me laugh. I guess you don't have to have name brand clothing... from big expensive stores... with their logo splashed all across the front of the clothing...and everyone knows how much it cost because of the name...and you don't have to ever step foot in a mall...

To be named "Best Dressed"!

Now the second thing I want to talk about is Diane (or D.I. as we call her). It was pointed out to me the other day that I hadn't blogged about her. Shame on me!! Diane is living with us until she decides she doesn't want to anymore. She gets the basement all to herself. She works at our church as the Cafe Manager. She does a great job. So...now I have blogged about DI. We are blessed to have her as part of the family. She is quite the cool chick!

Now I will introduce you to Sam. Sam is Veronica's boyfriend. Sam has become quite the fixture around our house lately. He is such a great guy. Very polite when he is with us and always greets us with a hug. He makes us laugh and is very patient with all of our questions about his religion. Sam is....Jewish!!! We love it. Veronica was invited over to his house for Sadar (did I spell that right) Dinner during Easter, and then he spent Easter Sunday dinner with us. Sam is wonderful to Veronica. He actually spoils her...a little too much. :)

It is really odd having both of the girls with guys in their lives. I can't wait to meet English's guy, Timmy, in August. English is hoping that they will be able to come and visit for a few days after Timmy gets back to Afghanistan. Yes, he is in the Air Force, too.

Well that is all I have for today. A funny and two introductions. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yay! I am so happy to have been blogged about.
But mostly, I am happy you blogged about Sam! He is so great to have around and I am happy him and Veezy are together. :)
Also, why is it that I didn't know about Hunter?! I would have voted for him.

TAV said...

Sam is a lucky guy!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

How lucky is Di.

I want to be here.

Actually I want her to live with me. Can she be my nanny?

Ebby could YOU be my nanny?