Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I hope you find these funny!

This morning on the way to take Hunter to school we were talking about the jazz band. After a couple of minutes of talking he told me this little story...

He said, "Mom, everyday the guitar player would ask me the same question. He would ask me if I had a guitar pick."

I asked what he told him.

Hunter said, "I would tell hIm the same thing everyday....Dude! I'm the drummer!"

You may not find this funny, but I did. The boy asked the same question during each practice. How funny kids can be.

Last night I was working at Target. I was getting a little punchy due to working 14 hours and getting tired. This happens often around 9:30 when I close. I start saying things like, "would you like your milk in a bottle?" (instead of bag) It can get really bad...like last night. Now I didn't say anything, but i really did want to. I tried to be professional and i hope i succeded. If you know me very well you know that I love to laugh. Sometimes when I get to laughing I can't stop. I had to hold it in, which was very hard.

Last night I was checking out a couple and really paying attention to them. At one point I looked up and the person behind them startled me. Thankfully that person wasn't looking at me or I would have been embarassed because I actually jumped. When i finished checking out the couple the next person moved to the place in front of me. I had to look. I didn't want to...but I had to. I need to make eye contact with guests so that they know that I am paying attention to them now.

*Disclaimer* I do not begrudge people for their way of life as I hope that they don't begrudge my way of life. I have met people from all walks of life and have found that though we have differences we most likely have similarities, too. With that said I will continue with my story.

The person in front of me was a homely man. That homely man was dressed up as a woman, and he made an even homlier woman. Now I have seen some men dressed up as women that were georgeous. That was not this man. His makeup was caked on so thick that it looked like stage makeup. He had on a dress with thick straps over the shoulders and a very bad bra AND he didn't shave...anything...ok maybe his legs, but I couldn't tell since he had on stockings. I was a little bit in shock. I have seen this gentelman around Rochester before, but not up close. He does not do a good job at dressing as a woman. Oh, poor guy.

My next story is about a man and his son. I have mentioned them before here on our blog. They make me smile. If I am having a bad day (as I was yesterday) it instantly lifts my spirits. I have no idea what their names are but it is a man and his down symdrome son. His son doesn't talk much, but you can tell that he so loves his father. Last night he kept hugging his father. It made me a little sad. I can hug my three younger kids all the time...and I do...but I can't hug English when ever I want. Anyway, I really like to see them come in the store. They are great together. The dad seems so patient. When ever his son would hug him he would say, "i love you, too." As they were leaving my lane they were holding hands.

Lets see. What else can I write about? Oh, the other day I had my review at Target. It went really well. I hate having reviews, but I did pretty well with this one until they got to the part about me knowing a lot of people. They actually talked to me in my review about the number of people that I know that come through Target. That I have to be careful to not ignore the other guests that are walking around or in my lane. They were really nice about it and encouraging, but to my defense my church is about 2,000 people and the ones that I know all seem to shop at Target. Plus there are all the people from OMC. I can't not say hello. Geesh.

Directly after my review I was back out on my lane when someone called out "Ebby". I looked up and they were waving at me. Behind them was my supervior that had just given me my review and talked to me about knowing so many people. My supervisor was laughing very hard...thank goodness.

Well that is all that I have for you today. Pretty boring, but it is what it is. Hope you have a great day. If you haven't checked out the post before this one DO! It is pictures of Veronica at prom.

4 comments:

rachel said...

I can't believe I never see you at Target! It's my favorite!
Also - a Target question...what is up with all of a sudden EVERY employee asking you a million times, "Can I help you find something?". I know...they are just trying to be nice (or else there is some new rule that they need to ask everyone this) but seriously, sometimes I love to go to Target and just browse and see what they have that I might need! :-)

Ebby Ray said...

There is a time during each shift where all of the floor employees must ask guests if they can help you find something. Then they have to write the number of people that they ask. The cashiers usually don't ask the guests this question.

Call headquarters and complain. I think that it is annoying. Thankfully all of the employees know that I work there so when I am in shopping they leave me alone.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

How can they expect to hire Ebby Ray and NOT have the paparazi follow her. It's Ebby Ray for crying out loud.

english said...

did i ever tell you about the time that that man-woman was in panera while i was working? i had to go check on the women's bathroom and he was in there. i didn't know what to do...all the ladies were freaked out. i just left.