Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Holy CR*P!!" by RR

Many people saw this performance on American Idol on Tuesday night and said, "what was that?" or "that was wierd..."

I watched this performance on AI and said, "Holy CR*P!! That was incredible!!" First off, it is a great song. Secondly, the arrangement of the song is creative and hauntingly cool. Thirdly, the performance...the performance... was astounding. Is it just me, or is this guy in a class of talent, performance and showmanship far beyond any of the other performers. I like the others, but none of them have the "thing" that Adam Lambert has. He has a style all his own. He has an INCREDIBLE voice, tone, and range. I even appreciate the drama he brings to the art of performing.

Last weeks Michael Jackson week performance by A.L. was really good. Then this week...forget it. It was one of the top 5 performances that has ever been on A.I.

How about you? What did you think?

11 comments:

Kristi said...

You're right, he can really sing. My comment while watching was, "Wow! Wow!" I was surprised the judges thought it was weird. I thought it was perhaps too theatrical--but that's what lots of Americans love--just look at what sells (Mick Jagger, for one). Adam definitely has singing talent. Kevin loved when he sang, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction."

The McCutcheons said...

I cannot comment because I don't watch this show. Wait...I think that I just left a comment anyway! :) My computer is slow and I couldn't even watch the video. I'll have to come back when I get a little faster connection. Although, I do like his hair. Does that count for anything?

the j-crew said...

Well...it was...interesting.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ron, I have to agree ... I actually like this guy. Although I think Lil' Rounds might win too. I also like Danny Gokey.

TAV said...

I think I am retarded for missing it this week!

Elizabeth said...

I don't watch the show, but I watched the clip here. He is DEFINITELY talented, I'll give you that. But that song...that arrangement?! Yuk!! Sorry, pal! And I personally REALLY don't go for the black fingernail thing on guys. I would give him points for creativity though - making a very "country" song fit HIM as an artist.

Anonymous said...

I thought that it was creepy! The way he held his hands to the camera and trying to look all sensual. I didn't like the performance at all, but boy can he sing. He has an awsome voice!!

Missy Eagen said...

just watched this last night and I thought it was cool in a weird sort of way... I agreed with Kara (judge) when she said she was confused in a happy way..LOL
The guy can sing and I hope he goes far- he's talented.
My favorite's of the night was the last guy (piano guy- darn what's his name?)

Isaak said...

HE Is AMAZING, he's my favorite, he's the best. It gave the chills (in a good way) None of the others even compare!!!

Sarah Carlson said...

I agree that he is VERY talented, but I honestly just don't like him. Yes, he can sing, and his range IS crazy, but I guess I just don't like his "style" of singing. At least not yet... Who knows by the end... I really enjoy Danny- Go WI Boy!

Sarah Carlson said...

Oh! I forgot to mention that this performance TOTALLY reminded me of a group called Fleming and John. Strangely enough I have their album and really like it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?