Saturday, September 6, 2008

A visit with English

We have had a great time having English home. We haven't really done much of anything, but it has been good just having her around. She will leave tonight (Saturday) to head back out to California. This time she will be at Travis AFB about an hour to the east of San Francisco. She is excited to get out there and catch up with some friends she has made over the past two years.

Whenever all the kids are together I try to take a picture of the four of them. They are all growing so fast that I want to capture it as best I can. I have taken these photos since they were little. I try to take at least one a year where they stop what they are doing and gather together for a photo. All of them have turned out great...until this year. They kids weren't really feeling it. I couldn't get them all to smile at the same time, have their eyes open, or looking at the camera at the same time. It was funny. Eventually English gave up and started being goofey and Veronica went inside. Here are the results:



Then here is a cute picture of English with Smalls.

On Friday the kids got another box in the mail from Waltwee. He went back to the hat store and sent us some new hats. We had the best time with these hats last night. I could not stop laughing long enough to talk on the phone when someone called. It was fun just being silly.



I am not sure when this picture was taken. I found it on my camera. I love it though.
Here are two videos. The first one is of Enlgish multi tasking. Sheis exercising, playing with the dog and talking on the cell phone all at the same time.


This is a video of the kids and the hats last night. You will notice Hunter sitting at the computer watching "My name is Earl." He was partaking in the fun, but then the desire to watch his tv show took over. At the beginnign of the video Veronica was posing...she thought that I was going to take a picture not film a video. It started the laughter all over again.


It has been so great having English here. I wish that she could stay longer, but I understand that it is a little boring here. We have started back to school and Ronnie and I both work full time. There really isn't much for her to do. All of her high school friends are off to college and you can only go see a movie so many times. I can't wait until Christmas when she will get to come home again. Then we will be able to go tubing and have fun in the snow.

3 comments:

TAV said...

looks like an awesome time! i am cracking up w/ the hats :). and it's cool english is coming out to ca! travis is less than an hour from here :)

The McCutcheons said...

I am soooo glad that someone understands what it's like taking pictures of four kids. That's how it's like EVERY moment with my kids and camera. Although, I don't laugh like you do about it all. I scream at my kids and then beg them with treats to smile.

Cole Ray said...

wow go cole and his broken arm