Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rock a bye baby

Rock a bye baby
In the tree tops
When the wind blows
The craddle will rock
When the bow breaks
The craddle will fall
And down will come baby
Into John and Wendi's arms.

Yes, it is true. My friends John and Wendi are expecting a baby. Please take a moment to stop and remember that I went to Florida to visit them right after they brought home their son, Isaac. My visit there was in the middle of May.

Isaac is truly a gift from God. Another young lady gave birth to him and John and Wendi were chosen to raise him. That really is a gift. I really have no idea all the emotions that they went through during that process.

The other emotions I have no real clue about is their battle with infertility. Wendi has been going through medical treatments over the last 5 years to try and conceive. They have gone through 2 different types of procedures (I think). The last time they made an IVF attempt was just a little over a year ago...right before they left Rochester, MN and moved to Eglin Air Force Base in the panhandle of Florida. John and Wendi have done a lot of greiving over the last several years.

The last attempt was met with a completely spent Wendi. She told me that she could not go through this again in the near future. They have 7 (I think) embryos still waiting for them at the Mayo Clinic. She told me that they will definately be going back for them in the next year or so. They both just needed a break.

During that break they decided to put in their paper work for an oversees adoption from China. After making this decision and jumping through all the hoops, they were approached by this young lady that had been in their lives for 17 years and asked to adopt her son. Isaac was born into a family that loved him instantly. By family I mean his new adoptive family as well as the family of the young lady that gave birth to him. What a loved little boy he is. What a cutie he is, too. I had such a wonderful time getting to know him for a couple of days. (Aunt Ebby misses you Isaac)

The other day I got an email from Wendi asking me to call her. When I did she said, "Ebby I'm pregnant!"
I said, "What? Are you kidding?"
What I heard her say was, "No, I'm kidding."
Boy was I mad at her. I started yelling at her to not ever do that to me again. That was a joke that I couldn't take.
She stopped me and said, "No, no, no, Ebby. I'm not kidding. I'm pregnant!"

Needless to say this was such wonderful news. I am surprised that I didn't wreck the car. I was on my cell phone talking and driving at the same time. I started crying, and talking, and listening, and crying, and talking, and yelling at the kids that Wendi is pregnant, and asking if I could tell Ronnie, and sometimes there was just a quiet pause. I was so floored yet so joyous at the same time.

Wendi did say that she and John both can't figure out how this happened. I offered to explain it to them :) I knew what she meant. They couldn't figure it out medically. Wendi is not supposed to be able to have children with out medical intervention, and so far that hasn't worked either.

This is what I am going to do. I am going to chalk it up to the fact that the Lord's timing is absolutely perfect. If they had gotten pregnant earlier then Isaac may not be at their house. Isaac is at the perfect house and Wendi got pregnant at the perfect time.

Please keep them in your prayers. They will now have two children under the age of 9 months. I guess I am going to have to make another trip to Florida. Oh shucky-darn. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Ebby at least I may get to see you again...
How great is our God?????
Gramma Di

Anonymous said...

More awsome than I know!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Pleas book your ticket now Ebby!

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

There's gonna be an awful lot of people in that guest room!!!Can't wait! By the way, blessings to all of you on your re-settling in the cold country! Think of you all often:)
Mary (mom/Grandma K)