Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'll buy an "E" please Pat

I graduated from North Myrtle Beach High School in...a year that was previous to this one. One of my teachers was very fond of Vanna White. She would show us Vanna's projects she made in class all the time. As I understand it from people that know the White's, Vanna is a very nice and lovely woman. She was about 8-10 years ahead of me in high school so I didn't know her. She returns to North Myrtle Beach each year for a family vacation.



The reason for saying all of that is that I have a friend in Rochester, MN that kind of didn't believe what our city signs say on them. This morning I decided to go take a picture of it and post it on here so she could see it. Here you go Karen. Proof that North Myrtle Beach puts Vanna Whites name on their signs.
As I was riding around this morning taking pictures I came across this house. My first thought was, "Why would you paint a house original flavor Hubba Bubba pink?" After I took the picture and was returning home I thought that about it some more and came to the conclusion that someone was a Barbie lover when they were growing up and always wanted a Barbie house. Now that they are grown and can do it they built their own. This pictures does not do justice to the hot pink-ness of this house. It is very bright.
I was out taking pictures this morning of the sunrise on the beach at 6:30 a.m. I thought that I would show you how many people are on the beach at this time of the morning. CRAZY PEOPLE! Either they just got up or they are just getting in from the night before. I know...I know. I was out there, too. But I am getting ready to move and wanted to take some pictures before I did. They are out there just to be out there. This is the sunrise over the marsh in Cherry Grove. This is one of my favorite places here on the beach. That is Hog Island in the background.
This is the Cherry Grove pier.
Again this is the marsh in Cherry Grove.

Another picture of the marsh and Hog Island.

The marsh and Hog Island....again.

Sand fence on the beach in Cherry Grove.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Those could be on the Chamber of Commerce homepage.

TAV said...

beautiful beach pics, ebbs! :)

Anonymous said...

And you guys are moving back to where????
me

The McCutcheons said...

Ebby,

Wow, I just LOVE being near water. It's so relaxing for me. What a blessing it has to have been to live in a place of such beauty. Mark and I have also moved many time since we've been married. We take a piece of each place and it moves with us too.

Looking forward to seeing you all, The McCutcheons!!