Monday, November 3, 2008

17 years and we are both still alive

What a quick and busy weekend!

We started out Friday by dropping all the kids at different places so that they could actually go trick or treating with friends, and then Ronnie and I headed over to some friends house for games. We love getting together with Jessica and Raf. They introduced us to one of our favorite games Settlers as well as another new favorite Ticket to Ride.

We hung out with them for a couple of hours and Jessica made us all popcorn. Oh my gosh this was some of the best popcorn I have ever had!! She also fed Ronnie dinner for some reason. Eventually we made it home after we picked up a couple of sugared filled kids.

On Saturday Ronnie spent most of the day outside bagging leaves from our yard and mowing. He was getting ready for a bonfire at our house that night. I had to work from 5:30-10:45 pm, but I did make it home in time to see some of the people that came over.

Sunday morning Ronnie took Veronica to work at 6:00 am. I made a deal with him that since he got to go to a Vikings game on our 17th wedding anniversary he got to get up and take Veronica since I had to be at work at 9:00 am. When he returned home he gave me roses, a card, a zebra hot chocolate, and a cream cheese Danish twist. It was so sweet, but so unfair. Ronnie does the bills now so I don’t have any money. I had nothing to buy him a gift with.

I had to have Hunter to the church by 8:00, which gave me some time to sit and listen to the youth group worship band practice. They were playing in the main sanctuary this weekend, but due to my work schedule I wasn’t going to be able to be at one of the services. I got the next best thing…watching practice. Ronnie and Cole left for the Vikings game at 9:30 and got back around 5:00. They had a great time. The Vikings won!!!

After I got off work at 2:30 I ran home and got Veronica and Hunter and took them different places and then ran home to make dinner. We had friends over (Jensen and Ganz families) for dinner and visiting. It was a great night and so glad that we invited them over to share our anniversary.

Such a busy weekend and it really went by WAY to fast. Thankfully it was beautiful and in the 60’s. No winter gear for trick or treating this year.

Happy 17th Wedding Anniversary to Ronnie and Ebby!!!!

8 comments:

yuan family said...

Happy Anniversary! Hunter did a great job playing the drums...I felt like I knew a celebrity up there! I love the game Ticket to Ride!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two-Happy Anniversary to one of the greatest couples/parents ever. Blessings and prayers for many more:)Love checking in on your blog!
mom and dad k (JB's parents)

Hanne said...

Congrats on 17 years! That is great!
Love hearing Hunter play the drums too!

TAV said...

Happy Anniversary!
Enjoy that hot chocolate ( I sure wouldn't enjoy the snow!) :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two. We are so proud of both of you and your family.

Love you

The McCutcheons said...

I am waiting to hear your words of wisdom on marriage. :) Tell us "young" ones how to make it last so long.

Jen Elder said...

Congratulations on 17 years! Fantastic :) We love Settlers and Ticket to Ride too. You should try Puerto Rico...also a fun game.

Kristi said...

Happy 17th guys! Hey, we're just ahead of you by a few months. Isn't being married, great?!