Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cool Things...(by RR)

I told you guys I would write again soon. Thankfully, I am on vacation so I have a little time to communicate. Not doing anything or going anywhere special. Just enjoying some relaxation and down time here in Roch.

I also have time to mess around with the video editting program on our computer. I took some video of Hunter playing drums for the main services at our church last weekend. I finally got it editted. So here it is:



Needless to say, we are very proud of Hunter. He did a great job. Lots of people stopped me in the hallways afterward and commented on his talent. I think that if he puts in the time and effort to practice, he'll be better than me pretty soon. No kidding.

Ebby Made Jerky

That's right! My wife made jerky. She got some meat, borrowed the dehydrator, etc, from some friends and turned it all into delicious jerky. I love jerky! Is she amazing or what!? WHAT A WOMAN! She will be making a bunch more in the coming days. It makes our garage smell like hickory/mesquite and...deliciousness.

Vikings Game

Last Sunday Cole and I got invited by Wayne and Alex Jensen to go to the Vikings game. It was a really fun day. It was literally a swarm of purple and yellow jerseys, hats, faces, hair, just to name a few. Professional sports teams really make it into an experience these days, not just a game. There was all kinds of stuff happening outside the stadium before the game; it seemed like there was always something to occupy your attention during the slow parts of the game. The Vikings even have a drumline, which of course won me over. It was a blast.

Well, I suppose that's enough cool things for now. Have a great day.

RR

7 comments:

the j-crew said...

Hope you're having a good vacation but it's not the same around here without you!

The McCutcheons said...

The McCutcheons agree that Hunter is great at the drums. Carter wants to be just like him! :) I hate noise so...he'll have to stick to his guitar. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this on the blog. We always enjoy seeing what the kids are doing. I still play Hunter and the Beach Boys several times a week. Miss you Rays!!!!
Bethmom, Walter-wee-winsky, Cissy & Trouble

Kristi said...

I love that song! Isn't it nice to be able to brag on your kids sometimes? I think so.

Anonymous said...

Hunter rocked on drums! Jeremy still shakes his head everytime you play, Ron, and says, "How can he DO that??!" Pretty soon Hunter will have him slack-jawed as well! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hey Ebby -- I won! We've finally entered blogsville under the alias of Samson and Delilah. :-) We have a blogsite now "theweavingloom.blogspot.com" but I'm under strict orders - no pictures or real names. :-) Anyway, since you know the Delilah story, I thought you might get a kick out of dropping by to say hi.

Josh Hetrick said...

Yo yo! Thanks for putting that video up. I hate the bad times with LIL but sometimes the most talented people go through hard times before they learn just how much talent God has given them and how much He can do through them!