Monday, November 24, 2008

Web sites

I am always wondering where to go on the Internet. Where are the cute things? What can I look up? There is a world of information out there. What do I look up?

Well I thought that I would list some of the sites that I like to go to so others can check them out. If you have some favorites, please leave me a note so that I can look at those.

www.sierratradingpost.com (discount…everything)
www.cccrochester.org (my church)
www.etsy.com (handmade items from jewelry, or knitted items, to paintings)
www.originalgood.com
www.sevensmooches.com (adorable stuff)
www.mayoclinic.com (I am a hypochondriac)
www.readmywalls.com (I love these signs)
www.allrecipes.com (even though I don’t like to cook)
www.copykat.com (this is where I got my cheese potato soup recipe from)
www.knitpicks.com (I love yarn)
www.knitty.com (I want to be a great knitter one day)

So there are some of my favorite web sites. Let me know what yours are.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.cheapandsteep.com (1 REALLY big discount item - they switch it as soon as they are sold out)

www.tripadvisor.com (great travel tips)

and if Hans was leaving a comment...
www.sportsline.com
www.rtsports.com

:-)

The McCutcheons said...

The top 5 sites used here are:

www.webkinz.com
www.pbskids.org
www.jsonline.com
www.espn.go.com
www.amazingmoms.com

Anonymous said...

sorry, i was hungry and delusional when i wrote that -
it's: www.steepandcheap.com

the j-crew said...

For sure Amazon! Favorite for almost anything!

Elizabeth said...

I was just about to write amazon.com when I read Jennifer's comment. I TOTALLY agree!! I'm on there all the time, and whenever I search the web to price-compare on stuff, they're almost always the cheapest. They also seem to carry everything imaginable.

TAV said...

I LOVE sierra trading post. They send me a magazine like 3 times a week b/c I'm always buying stuff.. and then I just buy more. Sigh.
I love this blogpost and can't wait to check out the cheapie sites:)
I also personally love the site: http://ronrayfamily.blogspot.com/

:)

Sarah Carlson said...

I love www.recipezaar.com. I get all of my favorite recipes there!

Kristi said...

www.tipjunkie.blogspot.com/ (This one is pretty overwhelming, but fun to look at).

www.timewellspent.org (Games!)

www.thoughthammer.com (Games!)

www.boardgamegeek.com (Tons of game reviews, pictures, forums, star ratings,and help if you don't understand rules of a game)

http://www.daysofwonder.com (play Ticket to Ride on-line)

www.readinggroupguides.com (Books)

www.shelfari.com (catalog my books and find lots of new ones)

http://www.pluggedinonline.com (movie reviews)

http://www.familylife.com (send free e-cards).