Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ronnie, Cambodia, and a Pilot

My husband left for Cambodia on July 13. He and 9 other people traveled to Poipet (upper left hand side of the country) for a mission trip. This is Ronnie's third time to Cambodia. In the past he has spent time in Phnom Penh and down on the coast in the southern part of the country.

If you would like to see some pictures from their trip you can go to: http://www.ccccambodia2010.blogspot.com/
I was parking the car at the airport on the 13th when I saw a gentleman that goes to our church. He is a pilot and does over seas flights. I didn't put two and two together at first. Yes, he was flying our missions team over seas to their first stop in Tokyo. For some reason I was so excited about this news. He is a very neat Christian man and his family is wonderful. This morning I found out that he is also flying them back from Tokyo.
Well, I just got off the phone with Ronnie. He is exhausted, hot, sweaty, and having a hard time eating, BUT he is having a great time. He really loves the worship time when everyone sings at the top of their lungs. He said that sometimes he can't sing during those times because all he wants to do is listen to them worship.
Ronnie will be returning to Minnesota this coming Friday. I can't wait to see him. He has been gone way to long!!

3 comments:

TAV said...

Loved Cambodia! Hope Ronnie has a great trip!

The McCutcheons said...

That's so cool! Hhhhmmm, how many guys at our church fly planes? I only know of one. Was it Mr Larson? That would be cool! He's a great guy!!

Lizzy Larson said...

it was my daddy :] he was soooo happy that he could do that! it's so cool how it worked out that way!!! he was supposed to take fly one flight but couldn't get out of rochester so he traded with someone and got to fly the missions team!!! it was so amazing he was so happy about it! :]