Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dance Lessons

All of my family members are off galavanting...all over actually. Ronnie is in Cambodia. English is back in California after make a week long pit stop in Washington state to visit with Timmy's family. Veronica has moved to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Hunter and Cole are also in North Myrtle Beach, SC for a month visiting my mom and step dad.

My mom was so worried that the boys were going to be bored. No way! Hunter has friends from when we lived there two years ago, and Cole pretty much tries to go with the flow.

This past week was Jr. SOS..Jr. Society of Shaggers (at least that is what I think it stands for). This is a east coast dance that was modified from the Lindy Hop back in the 50's (again I am not sure of the exact time frame, but this is close). It is a "smooth" dance. There was a movie that came out back in the 80's called "The Shag" with some of my old class mates in it. This is a dance I never took the time to learn. My parents though are VERY good dancers and are both in the Hall of Fame.

Anyway, back to Jr. SOS. My sep dad, Walt, took all three kids down to Jr. SOS for some dance lessons. They all enjoyed it and went back each day for more lessons. Yesterday was a little end of the week exhibition for all of the jr. dancers. The kids could ask anyone that they wanted to dance. Hunter asked my mom.

Oh how I wish i could have been there to watch the dance. The boys want to go out again next year for Jr. SOS. I am definately going to go with them.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Pretty smooth, Hunter. I'm impressed!