Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Odds and Ends

Here is a mushy post of things that are running through my head this morning:

1) My last day at Target is officially June 15th! Just in time for my vacation to California, which starts on June 19th.

2) Last night while working at Target a gentleman came through my lane...of course I asked questions (sorry Wendi, I can't seem to not do this). He is here visiting Rochester from Michigan. He is currently being treated for cancer of the heart. In January he had open heart surgery where they took part of his heart out and replaced it with a portion of a cow's heart. A COW'S HEART people! He is going through chemo, and he was out riding his bike yesterday. As far as I know I don't have cancer of the anything, and I know that I am not going through chemo, yet I don't get out and ride a bike.

3) Speaking of bikes...Ronnie's was mangled a couple of weeks ago. The singles group went down to Lanesboro to spend the afternoon doing some bike riding. I think he said that they rode 26 miles. On the way to Lanesboro Ronnie had his bike in the back of the car. On the way down his bike seat was torn so on the way back he asked if he could put his bike on someone elses car rack on the back of their car. On the way back to Rochester they were caravaning. The lead car hit a deer that some how wrapped around the car and did some pretty good damage to Ronnie's bike. I still can't picture the deer damaging something on the back of a car, but it happened. Ronnie got an estimate to see who much it would cost to fix it... $200.00! That is a lot of damage for a bike.

4) Back to Target...The father and his down syndrome son came through my lane again last night. I told him that I had blogged about the two of them, but not to worry about their names being out there....I don't know their names. He starting laughing and thought that it was fun. He wanted me to know his son's name, but I told hm that I would not put it on here. Safety comes first. :)

5) Some of Veronica's photos were published in the C.L.A.M. (Century's art magazine). She made the back cover, the inside cover, and a couple of photos through out. I can't say that I am really surprised. Some of her photos are amazing...if I do say so myself.

6) I am looking forward to my trip to California. I will have 6 days of vacation. I am hoping that my mother-in-law, Jan, will take me to some yard sales while I am out there. She is a yard sale queen. I am also hoping to be able to go on a bike ride in Huntington Beach.

7) I had a very good time in Sunday School this past Sunday. I taught the 3rd and 4th grade class. I personally don't think that this is a role that I should have, but that is a whole other subject. During the group time the kids learned a new song about the fruits of the Spirit. I have had that song and the motions to the song stuck in my head since then. It is really helpful in remembering what they are. Very cute!!

Well I think that is all that was bouncing around in my head this morning. Just a lot of odds and ends...and nothing to do with work here at OMC. I should probably concentrate on what I am doing here.

4 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I give you a hard time -- but your question asking makes you you. Even if the question is about purity.

Ebb Ray said...

That actually made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!

TAV said...

any chance you are coming to norcal??

Ebby Ray said...

No Nor Cal this time. We are headed to So Cal to visit Ronnie's family.