Monday, April 13, 2009

Prayers Please

This past weekend was such a lovely weekend. Although I had to work Friday night and most of Saturday I still enjoyed the weekend. Sunday was a great day to celebrate the resurection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Sunday afternoon we had a great time eating with friends and ended the weekend just hanging out at home.

As I got to work this morning the "wind was taken out of the sails" so to speak. I found out that one of my co-workers died this weekend. Joann, her husband and teenage granddaughter died in an automobile accident. Their car hit a tractor Saturday night. The thing that makes me the saddest is that another teenage granddaughter was only minorly injured in the accident and basically walked away.

Please don't get me wrong...I am not sad because the other granddaughter lived through the accident. I am sad for her because she lost her grandparents and sister in this horrible firey crash. She will be thinking about that the rest of her life. I can not even imagine what that family is going through right now.

If you think about it, please pray for their family members. There are children in this family that lost their parents as well as a daughter all at the same time. Also, please pray that the surviving granddaughter comes out of this ok and that she has much support from friends and family.

3 comments:

the j-crew said...

Oh no! I just saw this on the news. Was it a OMC coworker or Target? So sad.

Ebby Ray said...

Olmsted Medical Center

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is rough. It made me think of what would happen if this were me and my husband and granddaughter. I will definitely be praying. My heart goes out to them.
Mary Kit