Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Ideas

I have been kicking around two ideas lately and I would like your input.

1) A clothing exchange. We would bring five or six different peices of clothing (clean, non-stained, all buttons, zippers working, no tears or rips...basically something that you wouldn't be embarassed about having a friend wear) and exchange them with other ladies. You would bring your clothing for them to go through. In exchange you would go through all the other clothing and pick out what you like. You only take home the number of items that you brought.

2) A craft supply exchange. Each person would set up an area with craft items that you think you are no longer going to use or you no longer want. The other ladies would "shop" at your area. This one is a little harder to to do with the even exchange idea. We would each just share our stash with our friends. Since we have no need for it anymore it doesn't really matter does it?

With the economy as it is right now I have been trying to think of ways to save a few dollars. These are the two that I came up with. Let me know what you think and if you would be interested.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Love the clothing exchange idea. In fact, I was going to do one with a group of friends in Chicago but then we moved away before the gals and I firmed up the plans.

And I like the crafty exchange in theory, but I'd have a hard time deciding what to part with, and the stuff I could part with I don't think anyone would want... But ya never know I guess. Wait, now that I think about it, I think I do have some "scrapbooky" stuff that I hardly ever use...

the j-crew said...

What about the book exchange?

Anonymous said...

I want to do that, too.

Sarah Carlson said...

Hmmm... interesting concept. I'll have to think on this more, but certainly keep me posted (ha-ha, posted) on anything you come up with! :)