Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Subject Revisited..and a car

Why? Why? Why? WHY???

Why did a woman come up to my counter and let loose such a stinky fart yesterday? I won't believe that she couldn't hold it until she could walk across the hall to the bathroom!! This fart was so stinky that her husband even walked away for a few moments. He came back and don't you know she let another one fly. He got to walk away again while I was stuck here in her green cloud of gas. I had to put my fingers to my nose they were so bad.

I know...passing gas is a natural thing. I get that! I also get that there are bathrooms in the majority of public places, and if you can't get to a bathroom walk outside for a moment.
DON'T TRY TO KILL ME!!!!

If they want to let one go here at the OB-Gyn counter, please...PLEASE go to another counter! I have had my fair share of stinky-ness to last me quite a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to more pleasant things. Cole has been a part of Awana this year and is loving it. He is working so hard memorizing scripture. He and his leader get along so well. As a matter of fact he was a little upset that Jeff G. was not going to be there on Wednesday nights for about 5 weeks due to some commitments.

Tonight at Awana is the Grand Prix. Cole told Ronnie how he wanted his car to look and they got to work on it. Cole drew out the design and Ronnie did some cutting. Next came some sanding, painting, stenciling, and more painting. Even Hunter got in on the action. They were still working on it last night. There was laughter coming from the garage so I went out to see what was going on. They were having a great time all together (thanks Ronnie for doing all of this). I didn't take any pictures last night, but I will tonight. I hope Cole wins a prize, but if not it will be ok. They had a good time making it and that is better than anything else.

4 comments:

Karin said...

The first part of your post reminded me of a comedy sketch the drama team at my old church did at a retreat: all about a girl who didn't realize til her 20s that one can hold one's farts in. The sketch included a series of flashbacks. So funny! And you just experienced that in real life...

P.S. Good luck, Cole!

The McCutcheons said...

You're funny, Ebby!

Kristi said...

OH MAN--that was really funny--a good way to start my day--laughing!

Sarah Carlson said...

Ebby- I love this post! You write the things on here that I only think and gripe about in conversation! This reminded me of my students this year. I literally had to have a talk with them about not letting the farts fly (which I still am shaking my head about). They were doing it all of the time, and sometimes loudly, and it was getting disgusting. Seriously- don't leave others in your nasty cloud. Hold it and go to the bathroom!