Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So behind!

I feel like I have been so behind on posting lately, but once I stop and think about it we have only done one or two things. 1) Unpacking boxes and 2) unpacking boxes. No fun in the Ray house lately.

Well I take that back. We did go on an awsome missions trip to North Dakota. I tried to post some pictures, but was having some trouble with loading them. I will try again another day. Anyway, our trip to North Dakota was so much fun. I haven't ever been that far north before. We were about 15 miles south of the Canadian border. As we were driving up there we kept passing these beautiful golden fields. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful and gold these fields were. Once we arrived at our destination one of the first things I asked was what was growing in those fields. It was canola.

Of course while we were visiting the people of Dunseith, ND ( an Indian reservation called Turtle Mountain) I had to ask questions. After the first couple of days I started to think about my fathers family and how when they would describe the people of the reservation that it sounded like my family. It was neat to put two and two together (my grandfather was Indian.)

After returning from ND I started my new job. Let me just say that I LOVE IT!! I have no after work-work. No take home projects. I do my work through out the day. When 5:00 rolls around I just turn off my computer and walk out the door. None of that "wait and let me finish something." No, "Hey Ebby, can you just do this for me real quick?" Nothing like that. It is so glorious!! ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS!!

All of the people that i work with are really nice. I get paid well and have full benefits. Let me repeat that. I have full benefits. Now if I oculd just start getting paid. :) I started right in the middle of a pay period and will have a short check when I do get paid on the 12th. Oh well after that all will be good.

Here are a few bullets of past or future happenings:
  • Hunter tried out for the Youth Group Worhsip Team. We don't know if he made it yet.
  • Hunter's 13th birthday is Saturday. Two teens in the house. Ugh!
  • English comes home on the 14th. YEA!!!!!!!!!
  • Veronica has been hanging out with a lot of her old friends.
  • Cole is bored.
  • School starts at the beginning of the month.
  • I like using bullets.
  • Ronnie is busy at the church, but enjoying a little extra time off during the summer.

Well that is all. I will be taking some pictures coming up. Be ready for lots of pics of English. She doesn't make it on here very much since I can't take pictures of her very often.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please get pics posted. Need to see what you, Ronnie and kids look like. My arms ache....

Sarah Carlson said...

Hooray for a post! I'm so glad you like your new job. When you told me what it was, I was like- oh yeah! That's perfect! So, if Cole is bored I could use some getting my classroom set up for fall. I'm not kidding-- I have TONS to do. Call me!

TAV said...

happy birthday on saturday, hunter! i can't believe you're 13!!!