Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vacation Fun!!

So I have been "home" since last Thursday, the 15th. I am so glad to have come for a full week this time. The time here has been meaningful and amazing. After catching up with the family Thursday evening, we loaded up in the car on Friday morning and went to Kentucky for my cousin's wedding. (Pictures are on the way.)The drive was fun, but there was some "adjustment time" that needed to happen since we have not been together for 12 weeks. The Car is a good place to handle it all since no one can go anywhere. By the time we got to half way to KY all was back to normal and fun as usual. We had a great time.


When we got to KY it was so great to see all of the family and friends we have not seen in years. The wedding was a wonderful occasion. The bride, Bethany, looked wonderful and the families were all excited to root for their "team." We saw so many people that were meaningful to us in some way throughout our recent past. It was a real uplifting joyous time. I will let Ebby fill in some more of the blanks and post the pictures when she gets home.


We got back late Sunday night. Monday I just napped, recovered, etc. The poor kids had to go to school monday but when they got home we all just relaxed. The past two days I have gone to the beach while the kids were in school. Talk about therapy. I just love the beach. Last night we went to a MB Pelicans baseball game. We had a blast. They are a farm team for the Braves. So the park was really nice and the baseball was high quality. The kids and I were just being silly and laughed most of the night.


One more thing. While on vacation, most guys grow some kind of facial hair. I am no different. I grew something that I have always wanted to. I realize that it will probably not last too long, but it is fun to mess around while on Vaction. By the way the kids HATE it. It makes me laugh.



The Fu Man Chu

Have a good day! RR

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Kevin has had mutton chops the last two autumns. However, I don't let him go out in public, and he only has them for about two days. I have to agree with your kids on this one, Ron!

The Ray Family said...

Thanks Kristi-

You are officially blocked from this site...good day!

Just kidding! I figure this thing has a two-day (or so) Shelf/face life. I will re-evaluate once I get back to MN.

See you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Did you ask your wife what she thought?

Anonymous said...

As if I need to ask my wife about growing something on MY face...NONSENSE!

With that said, I will probably shave it before we see each other again. Because I don't need to ask her how she feels about it--I already know:)

Anonymous said...

Dude, keep the Fu Man Chu, throw on the Tam-O-Shanter and you will be unstopable!!!
Me

Anonymous said...

You talk big without your wife around.

Anonymous said...

sweet fu man chu dad