Monday, May 26, 2008

Ebby's vacation part 2

My last post was all about Kentucky. After we left Kentucky on Sunday my family drove me to a hotel in Atlanta and dropped me off. I then left Atlanta on Monday afternoon and headed to Eglin Air Force Base in the panhandle of Florida. I was off to see little baby Isaac.

My friends John and Wendi have a new little baby boy, Isaac John. What a little doll he is. When I left he was 16 days old. Not only is he adorable, but he is also calm and cries very little. The only time I heard him cry was when he was getting his diaper changed.

There is nothing like a new little baby. They smell so good. John and Wendi are doing good by laying down some little rules for each other. Better to decide now what to do rather than try and break bad habits in the future. On my last day there I went out on a limb...I broke a little rule. Well I won't call it a rule. It is more of a plan that they have so that they don't get into bad habits. I wish that I had done that with my children.

Anyway, I went against the plan and put little Isaac to sleep while he was laying on me. I totally see the reasoning behind their not wanting to do this. It puts him into the habit of "needing" someone to hold him until he goes to sleep. I just couldn't resist. It is so comforting to have a baby laying on you. I tried to hide the fact that I was doing this when John came home from work. He assured me that it was fine and that they just didn't want to get into the habit of doing it all the time. With that being said I did it again on Saturday before I left. He said it was ok after all.

Needless to say I had a great time in Florida. I think that it was more of a vacation for me than anything. I got to take the dog, Scrubs, to the bay for a couple of walks. I fed Isaac and changed his diapers. I was there when Wendi need to take a nap. It was great!! I miss little Isaac already (John and Wendi, too) and can't wait to see him again. Next time I get to see him he won't be a little baby anymore. That makes me sad.

Here are a couple of pictures from my week.
This is Wendi and Baby Isaac.

Scrubs...awsome dog!

Wendi, Isaac, and Scrubs. Scrubs was so interested in the baby. It was cute.

The happy family...Wendi, Isaac and John.

My last morning at their house.

Thank you John and Wendi for letting me come. I had a great time! You have a wonderful family and I can't wait to come and visit you again. Give Isaac a hug for me and Scrubs some p-l-a-y time from me.

2 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ebby! You are awesome!!! I think Isaac will be a better boy for having fallen asleep on you twice! :)

TAV said...

aww. auntie ebby is a spoiler! :)