Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beware! Long post ahead!

I will start with the fact that I know that I am a slacker. I don't have any pictures from when Ronnie was here or of Kayla yet. I will get some of Kayla as soon as I can.

We have had a great week here at the Ray house. I will start with Kayla's arrival. Last Saturday Kayla came to live with us. She will be here until we head back to Rochester. Kayla's mom is a friend of mine from Rochester, and she and Veronica hung out when we lived there. Sunday was a relaxed day for us all. On Monday I had to go to work and the kids were at school. When I got home from work I was blessed by Kayla having done the dishes sometime during the day. I about passed out.

I felt sorry for Kayla all week. She was stuck here at the house most of the time by herself since we weren't able to get her enrolled in school right away. She will start school on Monday.

Yesterday I was once again blessed by Kayla and her cleaning ability. When I got home from Veronica's game last night the house had been cleaned and carpets vacuumed. We were switching bedrooms and Kayla did all the work yesterday while we were all gone. She moved dressers, book cases, desks, clothes...you name it and it was moved to the new room. I about passed out again!! Some how between all of her cleaning and moving things she found time to go to the pool and acquire a tan line. She was so excited to have a tan in April.

Now on to Ronnie. He came into town on Monday evening and left on Thursday morning. Although he was really only here for two days it was a great time. He took the kids to the movies and miniture golfing. He also took the boys to the music store so Hunter could drool over a guitar he wants. On Wednesday he and Kayla were able to spend some time at the beach and then they came and took me out to eat lunch. On Tuesday I was blessed again by Ronnie having to do the dishes and then on Wednesday he cooked dinner.

I HAVE HAD A GREAT WEEK!!!
It was really hard to say good bye to Ronnie this time. We won't see him again until the middle of May. :(
Last night Veronica had a softball game. They were keeping up with a team that had beat them 15-3 and 9-0 the other two times they played. In the 6th inning with the bases loaded and two outs Veronica came up to bat. She tends to get nervous when she is at bat. This time, after a couple of pitches, she roped it between the 1st and 2nd base players and hit in two runners. I about jumped out of my skin. It was so exciting. That brought them to 5-5.
In the top of the 7th the other team scored a run. The bottom of the 7th inning at bat found Veronica's team with runners on 2nd and 3rd. The batter hit a line drive to the short stop (yes she caught it) who then caught the runner on 3rd off base and made a double play. The next batter was out.....end of game...6-5 the other team.
Even though they didn't win they played an excellent game. Actaully both teams had a good game. One of the girls on the other team hit an over the fence home run. How exciting is that!? I was very proud of all the girls and how they hung in there with this team (who is one of the top teams in their district) and actually had a good chance of beating them.
What a wonderful week it has been. I have been pampered with Kayla and Ronnie doing things around the house and giving me a break. Now the boys are off to Murrels Inlet with the neighbors and the girls are going to the church for an event. I will hang out here by myself for a couple of hours before the boys return. I just realized my wonderful week hasn't ended. I will be by myself for a couple of hours. Oh my gosh!!
I thought that we were moving here to bless my mom, but she blessing us more. I thought that we were here to help Kayla, but she has blessed us more. I thought that Ronnie was just coming home to visit, but he blessed me more. It always works out differently than I think it is going to. I look to bless, but get blessed even more in return. Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rachel and Hans said...

sounds like a great week, ebby! and you're right...spring isn't too far off up here in MN, if you just ignore that chance of SNOW tonight! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Rachel about the snow in the forcast. We have had rain all week.

Sarah Carlson said...

I see you got spammed, too. It makes me feel better-- somebody spammed us once in portuguese. Those Brazilians! ;P Anyhow, so glad to hear your week was so awesome! Hooray!