Friday, April 11, 2008

DUDE!!

I have been trying to get Hunter to quit using the word DUDE as an exclamation point. He says it just about every other sentence. It was really getting old. I told him that for every time he used the word Dude he had to give me something.

We started off with him giving me his hat. I then had to turn around and give it backt o him because I used Dude in one of my sentences. Within a couple of minutes he had to give it back to me. :)

The next day Hunter came to me and said, "Mom I can only remember saying dude 3 times today at school. I may have said it more, but that is all I can remember." I told him that was fine, but that he owed me three things. (Yes, I was catching on to the fact that he was telling on himself. I wasn't around to know when he said it, but he was being very honest!)

I didn't think to ask him what he gave me. I just told him to put it on my bed. When I went to bed later on that night after all the kids were tucked in I found his payment. A drum, electric guitar amp, and a belt. He is really being hard on himself if he gave the a drum and the amp. The belt made me stop and wonder "why?" Why a belt? It really made me laugh.

The good news is that Hunter isn't saying DUDE as much any more. This is good news since I am running out of places to put all of his things in my room.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I would owe you sooo many things...

Nate had a similar problem with the phrase "What the crap"...it started every sentence, every response, everything! So, we set up a system where he has to put a quarter into the "what the crap" jar everytime he says it. The jar got the first quarter almost immediately because it is a snowman piggy bank and his firt reaction (spoken out loud) was "What the crap mom, a snowman -it isn't winter anymore" Well, jokes on him cuz not only did he owe money, but we've had snow since and it looks like we are getting more...Wait a minute, maybe the snowman jar is a bad omen. I'll have to rethink the container :-)

Anonymous said...

I really wish I had thought of this money thing. I could have several dollars by now. Good thinking Marin!!

Anonymous said...

Dudette.. Like that is so harsh, like why are you going so agro on the Huntman? Tell the boy it's aaaight to use dude, like he is only young once dudes... That's my .02 cents..
Scott

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, like what the crap?
SR

TAV said...

dude, that is hilarious.

Rachel and Hans said...

funny! i am trying to picture all of Hunter's things piling up in your room!