Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cell Phone Photos

Last week for my birthday the GNO met at Color Me Mine for an evening of painting pottery. Heidi didn't participate in the painting process, but she hung out visiting for a while. Jennifer and I picked out our pottery we wanted to paint and then got to work. I had taken a saying with me that I wanted to put on my pottery... "Today may I listen with love!" with 4 little chicks and 2 big chicks underneath. You can't tell from my picture(it is from my cell phone), but the backgroud color is a soft green and the lettering is a red. It will go with my dining room. I will put up pictures as soon as I get it all hung.

My friend, Jennifer, got really creative with her plate. This picture doesn't really show the colors, but it went perfectly with her kitchen. Actually this picture doesn't really show the colors at all. There isn't any blue on it. Hmmmmm......Cell phones don't take the greatest pictures.
I think everyone under the sun knows that I am trying to re-decorate my living room/entryway/dining room for....free. Well not really for free...under $100 is more like it. Now I have done really good so far. We are in the process of re-doing a tv cabinet (free), a table ($5.00 + free paint), making a door into a sofa table (free door), making/hanging window treatments (free fabric), decorations for all 3 areas (free...I went shopping at Jennifer's house). I am really proud of how thrifty I have become. Growing up I was so name-brand that it was pathetic. Now I REALLY enjoy going to yard sales, thrift stores, and consignment shops. My next trip is going to be to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store over in Winona. I can not wait to go dig through everything in that store. I want door knobs, old rulers, paint, and.....oh and some old wood. I can't wait!!
I have really been trying to utilize "throw away" things out there. I am part of freecycle.com and have gotten a few things from there. Yesterday I picked up some indoor shutters that I got for free. It is so much fun. The reason I was saying the above is because one of my co-workers amazed me the other day when she showed me the photo below. I really wish I could do this.
Brig: "Saturday morning I got up and built this with some scrap wood."
Ebby: "You are kidding me?!?! How long did that take you?"
Brig: "About 3 hours"
Ebby: "WHAT?!?!?!"
Brig: "Yea, I had this wicked hangover and I just had to do something so I built this."
Ebby: "Brig, you are killing me. When are you going to make one for me?"
Brig: "I'm not."
Guess I'm not getting one of these. Bummer... Again this is with a cell phone, but can you believe that this is made out of scrap wood. If only I could just use a saw...*sigh*

1 comment:

Joia said...

I can't wait to see what your remodeled space looks like - I love that you're being so thrifty! I'm in the process of working on my own "thrifty home project", so it's cool to hear how you're doing yours! =)