Saturday, May 15, 2010

Deep Thoughts with Ebby Ray

So lets have some deep thoughts.....nah! You know me...I am not one for deep thoughts.

But I do wonder why us ladies get so upset when the toilet seat is left up? This is been going on for years and years. Why do we get so upset about it?

Why don't men get upset with us for leaving the toilet seat down? Why is it so acceptable for the toilet seat to be down but not up?

Isn't the universal sign that a toilet is clean is for the toilet seat to be left up? You go into resturants and the seat is up, BUT that is ok. Go into a school and the toilet seat is up, BUT that is ok. Go into the hospital and the toilet seat is up, BUT that is ok.

What is up with that?

I asked the boys in my house something about the toilet seat being up, and Hunter asked me why I didn't put it up after I was finished using the restroom.

Good point, son!

So there you go. That is as deep as the thoughts get with Ebby Ray.

4 comments:

the j-crew said...

Well I'll tell you why you put the seat down.
1. No one wants to see the grossness that is inside the toilet. Flushed or not, the insides of toilets are a germ factory.
2. If you have a dog, you know why you close it.
3. They wouldn't have made pretty little padded seat covers if seats weren't meant to be closed.
So Hunter and Cole, that's why you put the seat down...at least at my house. :)

The McCutcheons said...

Wonderful points, Jennifer! :) I'll add one more.

They have proven that when you flush and the seat is OPEN...fecal matter (and other germs) becomes airborn...and land all over your counters, knobs, and TOOTH brushes! That's why I will thank you boys for putting the seat down in the McCutcheon home! :)

Elizabeth said...

I whole-heartedly agree with Jennifer's dog reason!! I also maintain that the #1 reason boys need to put the toilet seat back down is the startling nature of trying to sit down on the toilet, at midnight, in the dark, and finding your rear in the bowl!

Case closed!!

Kristi said...

I like all of these. Jenny is actually talking about putting the lid down--not just the seat. There's no way I could train my family to do that. All I ask is that they flush! Flush! Please! This is directed to the eldest member of my family (and I mean older than me). And I'm glad I have a cap on my toothbrush. Eww! And BTW, have you ever plopped down in the middle of the night and had the lid down?! Can be disastrous.