Monday, October 5, 2009

Before and After: TV stand and side table

Don't get all excited. It isn't really that big of a deal, but I finally took pictures of two of the projects that we were working on. I really like how they both turned out.

The first on is our new tv stand. We took an old console tv and re-vamped it. I agree with my friend Jennifer...the curtain on our version of the tv stand may need a spring rod at the bottom to hold it down.
Before:
After:
During the summer I picked up a not so cute marble top table at a yard sale for $5.00. (Saturday I was at a store where this same before table was being sold for $48.00...before it was re-vamped) Unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but I wasn't very pretty. There was this lattice work in the doors before we took it out and covered it with the same fabric as in the TV stand. The top is a tan "swirl" patern.


I think that both projects turned out pretty good. The tv stand took some trial and error, but we got it just right in the end. What a transformation on both peices. I can't wait to get to some other projects waiting for me in the garage. Hopefully I will be able to get to them before it gets to cold to paint.

5 comments:

The McCutcheons said...

I have a few things to paint too. Painting with frozen fingers isn't fun!

You go, Girl! Great job!!

the j-crew said...

It's already too cold technically.
Those turned out awesome!!! And I love the balls on top of the table. :) Yes, let's make another pocket on the bottom of the tv cabinet fabric with another spring rod. It will look a little more polished. Great job!!!!

The Spann Fam said...

love them both!

Joia said...

Thanks for posting these, I've been dying to see pictures of your projects, so was Thrilled to see some of the awesomeness you've been working on. They are absolutely gorgeous - what a transformation!

Karin said...

very cool. they look so so nice!