Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can I wonder?

I was lying in bed this morning
wondering if I could wonder
I kept trying to wonder
But I couldn't
Nothing came to mind to wonder about
I do mean absolutely nothing came to mind
I continued to lie there
Hoping that something would come to mind
I could wonder about the state of the world
But that didn't really interest me
I could wonder why my husband snores
That really didn't interest me
I could wonder if there was really going to be a blizzard tonight
Don't need to wonder about that
I will still have to go to work tomorrow
Then I thought that contemplating my navel might work
Nah - that was just silly
Then it hit me
I was wondering about something
I was wondering about wondering
That wasn't productive
So I went and got ready for work

No comments: